[kaffe] Regression/build testing using Xenofarm

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Jul 18 06:40:01 PDT 2003

Hi Jim, hi all,

When I went to LinuxTag, I came across a very interesting project called
Xenofarm http://www.lysator.liu.se/xenofarm/ , which is " a distributed
system for cross platform compilation and verification of software
components. It is primarily used to help achieve and maintain portable
source code across hardware architechtures, operating system and
libraries and to quickly detect and fix regression bugs in source code."

It looks like something we could use to improve status reports on kaffe.
See for example the Pikefarm, used by the Pike project :
http://pike.ida.liu.se/development/pikefarm/ , results at :
http://pike.ida.liu.se/development/pikefarm/7.5.xml . It is also being
used by the python project here
http://www.lysator.liu.se/xenofarm/python/latest.html . All in all, it
looks more appealing than mozillas tinderbox to me ;)

Would someone be interested in setting it up on kaffe.org, and would
people be interested in running clients on their platforms under
whatever configurations you use?