[kaffe] Mauve Configuration Error

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sat Jul 26 02:28:02 PDT 2003

Babar wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to run mauve for kaffe on linux, but when
> I use this to configure .
>
> $ ./configure JAVA=/usr/local/kaffe/bin
> JAVAC=/root/j2sdk1.4.1_04/bin
>
> Error:
>
> configure: warning: JAVA=/usr/local/kaffe/bin: invalid
> host type
> configure: warning: JAVAC=/root/j2sdk1.4.1_04/bin:
> invalid host type
> configure: error: can only configure for one host and
> one target at a time
>
> What is meant by host and target in here.

configure is a bit special with the arguments it takes: when support for
cross-compilation is enabled, it tries hard to guess the host and target
platforms for cross-compilation.

You're running the wrong configure, mauve's configure doesn't have
support for cross-compilation, so you shouldn't be getting this error
message. Check out FAQ/FAQ.mauve for more information how to setup kaffe
and mauve.

Finally, JAVA and JAVAC should point to executables, not to paths. So
what you want is something like this:

cd mauve
autoreconf

(on a single line)
./configure JAVA=/usr/local/kaffe/bin/kaffe
JAVAC=/root/j2sdk1.4.1_04/bin/javac