[kaffe] JThreads

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Wed Jul 30 23:43:02 PDT 2003

Hi,

As I am working on the implementation of NIO, I needed to slightly adapt
JThreads. The main issue was to let a thread wait on multiple file at
the same time. Alas, the only clean way to do it was to rewrite the
queueing system. :-( Now all queues are separated and a thread may
register itself on a variable number of queue when it blocks and so
jthreadedSelect works correctly now (it does not block Kaffe anymore).
The new code seems to work (all regression tests pass, KJC works). At
the same time I've noticed that ThreadStop is marked as "to be skipped":
apparently kaffe's output is good according to JDK's output and the both
naturally fail for the first test.

I'll commit all these modifications once Kaffe 1.1.1 is released so I
can go on with NIO...

Cheers,
Guilhem.