[kaffe] Qt AWT backend works under Qtopia(Qt Palmtop)

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 02:27:01 PDT 2003

Hi Kiyo,

--- Kiyo Inaba <inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp> wrote:
> Dalibor Topic <robilad at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >so I'd propose delaying the release
> >by a week until that's sorted out, and continuing with the development until
> >next wednesday, then freeze, release next sunday.
>
> Does 'next wednesday' mean June/4? And does the 'freeze' mean 'code

Yeah, I think 2003-06-04 should be the day when all features for the next
version are in and the focus switches over to testing and fixing the
platform-specific bugs and build-problems.

That would make 2003-06-07 or 2003-06-08 the next release date.

I'm saying features, since the Qtopia AWT implementation I'm trying to get
ready for check in is clearly a feature, and not a bugfix ;) But it is of such
limited effect, that I think I can put it in without breaking anything else ...

> freeze'? Then, kaffe-1.1.0 may not be used with linux-2.0.x, am I
> right?
>
> Or are there anyone who is now trying to solve 'InetAddressImpl' issue?

Ito did a head start, showing it was possible to do it with a patch, I'll be
taking a look at the strtod replacement functions,  Tim wanted to see if better
function/header checking in the configure script could help identify and work
around problematic  bits, and Helmer just posted a patch, from what I've seen
on the list ;)

So I believe we can solve that issue for 1.1.0, with so many developers
involved ;)