[freenet-dev] Re: [kaffe] Kaffe and Freenet, round (N+1)

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Thu Jun 5 07:24:01 PDT 2003

Kaffe CVS (cvs-commits at kaffe.org) wrote:

> * libraries/javalib/java/math/BigInteger.java:
> (intValue, longValue): fixed my broken patch

I think it's actually working!  I've got gmp 3.1.1 installed (the
old OpenBSD 3.2 port, since the early-May Kaffe I was using is still
dynamically linked against it).  I built today's CVS Kaffe using
this configuration, and it hasn't crashed or gone comatose yet!

  PID USERNAME PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE WAIT     TIME    CPU COMMAND
15010 freenet   59    0   91M   93M run   -        2:45 65.38% kaffe-bin
19688 greg     104   20  752K  616K run   -       19.9H 29.30% dnetc

The unusually high %CPU on the Kaffe process is because I'm hammering
on it, loading several high-number-of-images pages plus an FEC
splitfile download that's already pretty well cached.

Here is it a bit later, closer to "normal":

  PID USERNAME PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE WAIT     TIME    CPU COMMAND
19688 greg     103   20  752K  616K run   -       20.0H 92.33% dnetc
15010 freenet    2    0  108M  103M run   -        5:09  3.91% kaffe-bin

At some point I'll probably update back to the newer gmp just to
keep things up to date, then rebuild Kaffe again with that.  But
as far as I'm concerned, it's working!  Ship it! ;-)

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |