[freenet-dev] Re: [kaffe] Kaffe and Freenet, round (N+1)

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Thu Jun 5 15:15:01 PDT 2003

Helmer Krämer (hkraemer at freenet.de) wrote:

> I still doubt that it's working, because that would be too good
> to be true ;) IIRC, there were some errors that only showed up
> after freenet was running for a while, right?

It still leaks memory, but I've learned to stop worrying about that.

Whether it still crashes on assertions, I can't say yet.  Even with
1.0.7 I could often run for hours or days between crashes.  In the
last almost-a-day, I've restarted it twice due to out-of-memory
problems, and it hasn't crashed yet.  Whether that's good or bad
is, I suppose, a matter of taste.

I suppose I should test it with a transient Freenet node on Linux,
too, just to see if any weird bugs crawl out of it.  It won't get
the same kind of unpredictable hammering that a permanent node gets,
but it's worth a try.

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |