[kaffe] Re: kaffe on NetBSD

Milos Negovanovic milosn at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jun 9 01:48:01 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 13:22, Tony Wyatt wrote:
> Hi Milos,
>
> On 08-Jun-03, you wrote:
>
> > Compile finished clean but i am not sure if this brakes something, most
> > of the "make check" tests fail with:
> >
> > Couldn't find or load essential class `java/lang/Object'
> > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException java/lang/Object
> >
> This message means that it couldn't find "rt.jar" at runtime.
>
> Make sure that you have "CLASSPATH" set to include the full pathname of
> "rt.jar", eg
>
> export CLASSPATH=/usr/local/kaffe/jre/lib/rt.jar
>
> That should fix *that* problem.
>
> I use paths like these:
>
> export PATH=/usr/local/kaffe/jre/bin:/usr/local/kaffe/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
> export KAFFECLASSPATH=/usr/local/kaffe/jre/lib/rt.jar:/usr/local/kaffe/lib/kjc.jar:.
> export KAFFELIBRARYPATH=/usr/local/kaffe/jre/lib/m68k (i386 for you)
> export JIKESPATH=/usr/local/kaffe/jre/lib/rt.jar:/usr/local/kaffe/lib/kjc.jar
>
> tony

CLASSPATH points to rt.jar but it still complains about missing classes.
This is probably because of the following:

snip from the end of gmake output

adding:
META-INF/services/javax.sound.sampled.spi.FormatConversionProvider
(deflated 61%)
  adding: META-INF/services/javax.sound.sampled.spi.MixerProvider
(deflated 47%)
(cd lib && zip -DX -r ../rt.jar gnu java javax kaffe org)
        zip warning: name not matched: java
        zip warning: name not matched: javax
        zip warning: name not matched: org
  adding: gnu/regexp/MessagesBundle_fr.properties (deflated 49%)
  adding: gnu/regexp/MessagesBundle.properties (deflated 52%)
  adding: kaffe/io/ByteToCharEUC_JP.tbl (deflated 24%)

For some reason it cant find java&javax&org classes and zip them into
rt.jar :(. When/if i get around this I'll send a patch.

Regards
Milos