[kaffe] AmigaOS Config failure

Tony Wyatt wyattaw at optushome.com.au
Mon Jun 9 17:50:02 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Sadly the configure script will not run on my AmigaOS platform. The script
crashes the machine, leaving only a file "configure.lineno" behind. This
file has 30,690 lines.

The last few lines of "configure.lineno" are:

*********************
int
main ()
{
return f != $ac_func;
  ;
  return 0;
}
_ACEOF
rm -f conftest.$ac_objext conftest$ac_exeext
if { (eval echo "$as_me:30686: \"$ac_link\"") >&5
  (eval $ac_link) 2>&5
  ac_status=$?
  echo "$as_me:30689: \$? = $ac_status" >&5
  (exit $ac_status); } &&
         { ac_try='test
Needless to say, the line number "30686" does not feature in the configure
script.

One big problem is that the configure script says NOTHING to the screen. I
tried the configure with the --verbose flag, but still nothing. Since the
configure process under 1.0.7 takes about 80 minutes on my platform, that's
an awfully long silence to endure before any result can be expected.

The script produces about 8 minutes of silence before it crashes.

cheers
tony