[kaffe] 1.1.0 build failure on parisc-hpux

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 02:18:01 PDT 2003

--- Greg Wooledge <greg at wooledge.org> wrote:
> Dalibor Topic (robilad at yahoo.com) wrote:
>
> > I suspect that the SP_OFFSET is wrong. Could you try changing the value of
> > SP_OFFSET in config/parisc/threads.h to 19 (which is what linux uses) and
> try
> > again?
>
> This does not seem to have made any visible difference.  It still
> dumps core on each test.  The core file is still useless.

hmm ... then let's go back to the original SP_OFFSET (which is most certainly
correct, according to the developers/sp_offset.c program), and try something
else.

I've googled around and found some patches for parisc & HPUX, so we could check
which were applied and which were not. Here's a list:

http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/1997-April/019384.html
http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/1998-July/002433.html
http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/1998-July/004678.html
http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/1998-August/021844.html