[kaffe] 1.1.0 build failure on parisc-hpux

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Wed Jun 11 17:17:01 PDT 2003

Dalibor Topic (robilad at yahoo.com) wrote:

> I've checked in a patch that provides replacement implementations of inet_pton
> and inet_ntop for the patfroms lacking them, so could you give a fresh checkout
> a try?

"./configure --enable-debug --disable-shared" and "make" work now.
"make install" still fails:

/bin/sh ./rebuildLib @essential.files
Compiling classes from  @essential.files  using  /var/tmp/kaffe/build/kaffe/kaffe/kaffe-bin -verbosegc at.dms.kjc.Main
./rebuildLib[51]: 14144 Bus error(coredump)
make[1]: *** [lib/stamp] Error 138

If I copy kjc.jar and rt.jar from the 1.1 installation into their
respective positions in /var/tmp/kaffe/install then I get:

$ . ./BUILD_ENVIRONMENT
$ $JAVA -vmdebug INIT -fullversion
Kaffe Virtual Machine

Copyright (c) 1996-2002 Kaffe.org project contributors (please see
  the source code for a full list of contributors).  All rights reserved.
Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2002 Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.

The Kaffe virtual machine is free software, licensed under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  Kaffe.org is a an independent, free software
community project, not directly affiliated with Transvirtual Technologies,
Inc.  Kaffe is a Trademark of Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.  Kaffe comes
with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.

Engine: Interpreter   Version: 1.1.x-cvs   Java Version: 1.1
Configuration/Compilation options:
  Compile date  : Wed Jun 11 20:08:45 EDT 2003
  Compile host  : imadev
  Install prefix: /var/tmp/kaffe/install
  Thread system : unix-jthreads
  CC            : /net/appl/gcc-3.2/bin/gcc
  CFLAGS        : -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
  LDFLAGS       :
  ChangeLog head: 2003-06-12 Dalibor Topic <robilad at yahoo.com>
$ $JAVA -vmdebug INIT at.dms.kjc.Main
initCollector()
initCollector() done
initNativeThreads(0x8000)
Bus error(coredump)

gdb says:

Core was generated by `kaffe-bin'.
Program terminated with signal 10, Bus error.

warning: The shared libraries were not privately mapped; setting a
breakpoint in a shared library will not work until you rerun the program.

Unable to find dynamic library list.

#0  0x96560 in gc_small_block (sz=56)
    at /usr/local/src/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/mem/gc-mem.c:574
574                     GCBLOCK2FREE(info, i)->next = GCBLOCK2FREE(info, i+1);
(gdb) bt
#0  0x96560 in gc_small_block (sz=56)
    at /usr/local/src/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/mem/gc-mem.c:574
Cannot access memory at address 0x7b03abf4

This seems to be progress. :)

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |