[kaffe] compiling latest CVS

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 02:05:01 PDT 2003

Hi Andy,

--- Andy Georges <andy.georges at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> Dalibor,
>

> > > during make check I get the following:
> > >
> > > error compiling:
> > > ./SerialPersistentFields.java:84: error:Cannot find method
> > > "java.io.ObjectStreamField.isUnshared()"
> > >
> > > error compiling:
> > > ./FileChecks.java:47: error:Exception "java.io.IOException" is not
> > > catched and does not appear in throws list [JLS 8.4.4]
> > >
> > > error compiling:
> > > ./InetAddressTest.java:19: error:Cannot find method
> > > "java.net.InetAddress.isLoopbackAddress()"
> > >
> > > error compiling:
> > > ./InetSocketAddressTest.java:61: error:Cannot find method
> > > "java.net.InetAddress.isAnyLocalAddress()"
> >
> > what java compiler are you using to compile the tests?
>
> afaik, it was the kaffe kjc ?

yeah, seems so. thanks for checking, it's kind of weird, since I'm not seing
such problems anywhere else. Crashes during compilation: yes, but not being
able to find some methods: that's the first platform I've seen. If you can
build the class library from 1.1.0 you should have these methods in the
resulting rt.jar file :)

a) this is a very far fetched possibility, but let's get it out of the way: do
you have an older installation of kaffe in your PATH and its kjc as your JAVAC?

b) it could be some problem during the class library compilation that remains
undetected: did make in libraries/javalib produce any errors, or warnings? i.e.
if you

cd libraries/javalib; make clean; make

do you see anything suspicious?

c) could you

cd test/regression; make check VERBOSE=1 TESTS=FileChecks.java

and post the resulting output?