[kaffe] OpenBSD compiles but fails

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 00:56:01 PDT 2003

Hi Riccardo,

--- WhiteGandalf <zuse at libero.it> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I tried to compile myself kafe 1.07 on OpenBSD 3.3 (sparc)

Could you give 1.1.0 a try and and check if that one works better?

> It configured and compiled and even installed without apparent problems
> But running make check fails at the first test!
>

> Even trying to run a small program causes a problem.
>
> mallorn:multix {151} /usr/local/kaffe/bin/kaffe Loops
> Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
> Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
> java/lang/NullPointerException
> Abort (core dumped)

If 1.1.0 doesn't really work either, please try to configure 1.1.0
--with-engine=intrp and build it again. I'd be interested in the results of
make check and any compiler warnings/errors.

If you want to stay up to date with the latest developements, try using the
latest CVS. It can be quite rough at times, as Greg said, but it can be
rewarding as well when things finally work ;)