[kaffe] Re: OpenBSD compiles but fails

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 01:48:01 PDT 2003

ciao ricardo,

--- WhiteGandalf <zuse at libero.it> wrote:
> In <20030614075836.74898.qmail at web10005.mail.yahoo.com> Dalibor Topic

> Running even a simple program yields:
> mallorn:multix {107} java Loops
> Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
> Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
> java/lang/NullPointerException
> Abort (core dumped)
>
> the internal checks fail in the same way.

hm, openbsd works on i386, and sparc-solaris2 works as well. so it looks like
something stupid happens with spacr-openbsd. let's try making sure that the
intrp works first before we start debugging the jitter.

> I will try configuring with the interpreter. is JIT/interpreter
> selectable at runtime or only at compile time ?

yes, you can only pick between jit or interpreter at compile time.

> > If you want to stay up to date with the latest developements, try
> > using the latest CVS. It can be quite rough at times, as Greg said,
> > but it can be rewarding as well when things finally work ;)
> I would prefer getting a standard version to work, so I can easily
> reproduce it somewhere else if needed and would use cvs as a resrot if
> there is reallya bug somewhere. I thiough kaffe should run on openbsd,
> but maybe 3.3 broke something

I don't think we've had anyone report about sparc-openbsd in ages. as usual, if
there's noone tracking the development, a platform falls behind. we've got that
situation with alpha-linux and z390-linux as well, a probably many of the other
ports, due to lack of regular contributors on those platforms.