[kaffe] pasting "*" and "sc" does not give a valid preprocessing token

Helmer Krämer hkraemer at freenet.de
Fri Jun 20 07:28:01 PDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:22:08 +0200
kleine-budde at gmx.de (Marc Kleine-Budde) wrote:

Hi,

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 02:01:35PM +0200, Helmer Kr?mer wrote:
> > sorry for the delay.
>
> doesn't matter, _some_ parts of germany were on yesterday holiday, have
> you been? :)

yep. Got home from switzerland at two in the morning (got up at 6.30),
so taking a day off was just what I needed :)

> > Kaffe. The error has already been fixed in cvs, though:
>
> damn, haven't check CVS....are there plans to make a 1.1.0a version that
> works more reliable (or even compiles) w/o adding more features?

Jim plans to do a 1.1.1 in about two months, so I don't
think that there will be any bug fix releases before that.

At the moment, I plan to clean up some of kaffe's internals
a little bit (hopefully making it more maintainable) and to
fix some (preferably all) of the bugs that are found. I'll
also add some strange things like docs so it is easier for
others to start fixing bugs themselves (or maintain a port
to some cpu / os [hint, hint ;)]). Some of the changes
required for cleaning up the internals will definitely hurt,
but I hope that life will be somewhat easier afterwards.

Greetings,
Helmer