[kaffe] [Bug Report] Problem compiling 1.1.0 with GCC 3.3 on GNU/Linux PowerPC, and 1 test failed

Luca Saiu positrone at freemail.it
Sat Jun 21 21:50:01 PDT 2003

   Hi.
   I have had some problems when compiling the latest Kaffe (1.1.0) with
GCC 3.3 on GNU/Linux PowerPC.

   The first one is a misuse of the preprocessor concatenation operator
## at line 146 of kaffe/kaffevm/systems/unix-jthreads/jthread.c.
Removing it fixes the problem, and I think it is the right thing
altogether. I include a patch.

   The second problem is due to the representation of va_list, which I
believe to be system-dependent. This leads to a problem in
kaffe/kaffevm/stringParsing.c, which appears to be fixed by my (very
hackish) second patch. Maybe it should be conditionalized (only for PPC).

   I ran make check.
   divtest.java is the only test that failed (I compiled it with GCJ and
it worked nice, both compiled to native code and compiled to bytecode
and then interpreted with gij). I include the output from Kaffe.

   Thanks for your nice work,

--
Luca Saiu, maintainer of GNU epsilon
http://www.gnu.org/software/epsilon