[kaffe] System.loadLibrary() should look in /lib and /usr/lib

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Sun Jun 22 06:47:01 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 14:13, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> And indeed adding /usr/lib (where the library is installed) to
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH seems to work, but it would be more convenient if kaffe
> would automatically load standard libraries (from /lib and /usr/lib).

Work is a big word. I am trying to get my application that uses the
java-gnome libraries working with kaffe (it works with gij) but it
crashes in spectacular ways. Has someone successfully used java-gnome
with kaffe?

I always get some warnings during startup:

(??????:8927): Gdk-WARNING **: Error converting from UTF-8 to
'ANSI_X3.4-1968': Invalid byte sequence in conversion input

Often the following exception:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: [exception was
java.lang.NullPointerException]
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:native)
        at java.net.InetAddress.<clinit>(InetAddress.java:54)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:54)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:31)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:27)
        at org.klomp.snark.Snark.<init>(Snark.java:204)
        at org.klomp.snark.Snark.parseArguments(Snark.java:425)
        at org.klomp.snark.SnarkGnome.run(SnarkGnome.java:293)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:334)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot find working InetAddressImpl
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:54)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:31)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:27)
        at org.klomp.snark.Snark.<init>(Snark.java:204)
        at org.klomp.snark.Snark.parseArguments(Snark.java:425)
        at org.klomp.snark.SnarkGnome.run(SnarkGnome.java:293)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:334)

Sometimes almost immediatly:

Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/NullPointerException
        at java.lang.Thread.finish(Thread.java:201)
Aborted

Or:

Dumping live threads:
`Thread-0' tid 0x84ca00c, status SUSPENDED flags DONTSTOP
 blocked at 0x8439bb4 (0x84ca00c->|)
`gc' tid 0x825900c, status SUSPENDED flags DONTSTOP
 blocked at 0x823c74c (0x825900c->|)
`finaliser' tid 0x825000c, status SUSPENDED flags DONTSTOP
 blocked at 0x823c704 (0x825000c->|)
`main' tid 0x8119028, status SUSPENDED flags NOSTACKALLOC DONTSTOP
 blocked at 0x8199a7c (0x8119028->|)
Deadlock: all threads blocked on internal events