[kaffe] libraries/clib/net/InetAddressImpl.c cannot be compiled on old Linux

Ito Kazumitsu ito.kazumitsu at hitachi-cable.co.jp
Mon Jun 23 06:45:02 PDT 2003

In message "Re: [kaffe] libraries/clib/net/InetAddressImpl.c cannot be compiled on old Linux"
    on 03/06/17, Ito Kazumitsu <ito.kazumitsu at hitachi-cable.co.jp> writes:

> I sent the patch to the author of getaddrinfo-1.5.1.  And he said
> he would include it in the next version.

And now http://www.sra.co.jp/people/m-kasahr/getaddrinfo/getaddrinfo-1.6.tar.gz
has been released.  From the release news:

| Major changes in release 1.6
|
| * Support for RFC3493.
|   Add `sin6_flowinfo' and `sin6_scope_id' to `struct sockaddr_in6'.
| * Check sizes of `in_port_t' and `sa_family_t' strictly.

According to Kasahara, the author, the second change is supposed to enable
some unusual code like:

	struct sockaddr_in addr4;
	struct sockaddr_in6 addr6;
	memcpy(&(addr4.sin_port), &(addr6.sin6_port),
		sizeof(in_port_t));

Although kaffe will not need this,  I would like to respect the
author's will.  In order to enable this change,  "configure"
must be regenerated.  I tried to run autoconf but my autoconf
was too old to accept the scripts.

Dalibor,  could you update the files?

Thank you.