[kaffe] Build system for kjc / external jars + Jetty/JSP success

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 05:47:01 PDT 2003

Hi Mark,

--- Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp.org> wrote:

> Maybe we should lobby the Apache Foundation to finally add the one word
> to the Apache License that would make it compatible with the GPL as I
> pointed out somewhere in the thread of that old email that Rob
> mentioned.

Given that usually the licensing threads break out when ant and kaffe are
mentioned in the same mail, and that a lot of intersting developement now takes
place under the umbrella of apache foundation, 'fixing' the ASL to be GPL
compatible (or releasing a GPL 3 that's ASL 1.1 compatible) would be the best
way to handle this legal issues.