[kaffe] [Bug Report] Problem compiling 1.1.0 with GCC 3.3 on GNU/Linux PowerPC, and 1 test failed

Luca Saiu positrone at freemail.it
Fri Jun 27 16:28:01 PDT 2003

Dalibor Topic wrote:
>>>Could you try out the following C program, and report back what it prints
>>out:
 > [...]
> since I'm curious what exactly is returned by powerpc-linux. -1 I assume.

   On my system (PowerPC 750, GNU/Linux, GCC 3.3) I see 2147483647.

> In any case, does the attached patch fix the issue?
   My trival patches? No, of course :-)

   One person kindly contacted me off-list saying I should define
LONG_MODULO_BROKEN; I hardcoded it in config.h and that fixed the issue.
In my opinion we need a check at configure time; it's easy. If I have
understood correctly that person told me that such a check existed in
release 1.0.7 for the 68000, which has the same problem.
   Regards,

--
Luca Saiu, maintainer of GNU epsilon
http://www.gnu.org/software/epsilon