[kaffe] Compare kaffe and IBMJava2-131 Java Virtual Machine.

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 02:50:01 PST 2003

Hi xiefei,

--- xie fei <phoebexie412 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> According to the two results, kaffe's performance is
> not good as IBMJava2-131, while its network
> scalability is better.

It would be interesting to see a profile trace of
kaffe running VolanoMark for possible optimizations.
Could you run VolanoMark on kaffe with -prof enabled
and post the result as a gzipped file ?

> Has anyone compare this or have any experience of
> this,  please give your results and  explaination.
> So I can learn more about it. Thank you very much!

I assume that the Freenet developers lurking on this
mailing have some experience with respect to
scalability of kaffe on their platforms, as they use
kaffe with
a) tons of threads
b) to run crypto code
c) lots of network activity

Matthew, Greg, could you provide some
anectodes/numbers?

On a side note, is there a FreenetMark ?