[kaffe] Bug Report: accessing array doesn't throw NullPointerException under MIPS

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 01:07:01 PST 2003

Hi Kevin,

--- "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink at mips.com> wrote:

> And as an FYI to developers, I don't know what's
> been changed elsewhere
> in the tree that would account for it, but while I
> can build and debug a JIT3
> version of kaffe-1.0.7+patch, I cannot get "make" to
> complete for a JIT3
> kaffe using the current CVS sources - it blows out
> during the compilation
> of the Java class libraries, complaining about
> floating point values on the
> order of 1-point-something being "too small".

I've synced up with the JanosVM 0.8 jit3
implementation on Tue Feb 11 16:54:43 2003 UTC (4
weeks ago), I though that might have caused the
problems. I'm seeing the same problems on irix, by the
way, and as I've reported them back on the 3rd
February, it can't be that patch to blame.
http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2003-February/028787.html

Looks like it's binary search build time again ;)