[kaffe] Bug Report: accessing array doesn't throw NullPointerException under MIPS

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 02:22:01 PST 2003

Hi Kevin,

--- "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink at mips.com> wrote:
> Dalibor writes:

> Note that the problems you reported on Feb 3 were
> not
> the same as those that I'm seeing with the
> MIPS/Linux
> platform.  In your case, you had 3 regression
> failures.

I had the same problem :

java/lang/Double.java:25: error:Double literal
"4.9406564584124654418e-324" is too small [JLS 3.10.2]

with kaffe+kjc failing to build the class libraries.
So I used jikes, and reported back what I've found.

> correctly.  I'll keep pounding at it, and will send
> a patch
> to the mailing list if I come up with something, but
> for
> the moment, all I've managed to do is fix some
> erroneous
> debug trace output and get rid of some preprocessor
> whinings about trailing text in #undefs.

hey, that's a start ... thanks for the update. I'll
try a binary search over revisions of the kaffevm
sources and see if I can find the culprit. My main
problem is that kaffe won't attempt to compile the
class library on IRIX before 2003-02-03, so I have to
work around that.