[kaffe] Re: [freenet-dev] Freenet slowness dominated by Sun's slow implementation of modPow()?

Matthew Toseland toad at amphibian.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 15 01:43:01 PST 2003

Further testing shows that this is purely an artifact of our thread
use/system load... when run outside Fred, Sun takes about 20ms to do
a modPow(), and Kaffe takes about 2ms. Under light load, Sun can take
200ms or so; under relatively heavy load, Sun takes 900-1400ms. This
would appear to be mainly caused by our excessive usage of threads and
its interaction with the kernel scheduler...

[CC'd to kaffe at kaffe.org because of borderline relevance, due to the
figures on kaffe vs sun modPow()]

--
Matthew Toseland