[kaffe] Kaffe CVS: kaffe dalibor

Greg Wooledge greg@wooledge.org
Wed May 7 15:35:01 2003

--GdlkuMH+DRYbUHkj

Dalibor Topic (robilad@yahoo.com) wrote:

> I've regenerated the Makefile.in files using automake 1.7.4 and autoconf =
2.57,
> and I've also upgraded kaffe's libtool to version 1.5 (which requires lat=
est
> automake). So if you are having problems with libtool on your platform
> (OpenBSD, AmigaOS) it would be nice if you could CVS update and give it a=
 try
> with the new version.

During ./configure:

checking X11/extensions/XShm.h usability... no
checking X11/extensions/XShm.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/XShm.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/XShm.h: check for missing prerequisite h=
eaders?
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/XShm.h: proceeding with the preprocessor=
's result
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf@gnu.org. ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
[...]
checking dynamic linker characteristics... openbsd3.2 ld.so
configure: creating libtool

In the generated libtool file:

# Do we need a version for libraries?
need_version=3Dno

gmake dies with:

gcc -shared  -DPIC -o .libs/libtritonusesd-1.1.x-cvs.so  .libs/org_tritonus=
_lowlevel_esd_EsdRecordingStream.o .libs/org_tritonus_lowlevel_esd_EsdStrea=
m.o  -L/usr/local/lib -lesd -L/usr/local/src/kaffe/libraries/extensions/sou=
nd/common -L/usr/local/src/kaffe/libraries/extensions/sound/common/.libs -l=
tritonuscommon -liconv=20
ld: -ltritonuscommon: no match
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Editing the libtool file, "gmake clean", and "gmake" seems to fix
it, just like before the change you made to CVS.  At least, nothing
seems to be broken that wasn't broken last week. ;-)

--=20
greg@wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |

--GdlkuMH+DRYbUHkj