[kaffe] Autoconf issue (asm/signal.h)

Dalibor Topic robilad@yahoo.com
Wed May 21 06:57:01 2003

--- Daniel Bonniot <Daniel.Bonniot@inria.fr> wrote:

> >I'm aware of that one, but I don't know how to fix it ;)
> >
> Doesn't the explanation I forwarded from Akim Demaille provide
> additional insight?
> Maybe he would be ready to help if needed.
>
> On the other hand, I'm no autoconf expert, so I won't help much further
> here. Does it look like this is a spurious warning, without
> consequences? In that case, I would agree that looking at this should be
> postponed until after the release of 1.1.0.

Here's the relevant bit from config.log:

configure:25492: checking for asm/sigcontext.h
configure:25499: result: yes
configure:25384: checking asm/signal.h usability
configure:25397: gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes  conftest.c >&5
In file included from configure:25465:
/usr/include/asm/signal.h:27: conflicting types for `sigset_t'
/usr/include/sys/select.h:38: previous declaration of `sigset_t'

I don't know why kaffe wants to have a kernel header (asm/signal.h) at all. I
thought that userland apps should not play with kernel headers. since I don't
know what it does, I don't want to touch it :)