[kaffe] Testing for 1.1.0 release

Dalibor Topic robilad@yahoo.com
Wed May 21 07:28:02 2003

Hi Dan,

--- mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:

> I only fail 3 of 133 now on my alpha (NetBSD-1.6.1)

Cool, then here's the next challenge: run the developers/FullTest.sh script on
you platform and report the results back. You'll have to adapt the script's
paths. Suggested format is

Platform: alpha-linux
Tested Version: 1.0.7 (Final)
Configuration: Default (jit)
OS Version: Debian unstable/woody, Linux 2.4.17
Hardware: EB164 SX164 533MHz
Compiled with: gcc 2.95.4
Results: Compiles, 112 of 115 tests failed.
  Most failed with:
    error compiling:
    Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
    Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
    java/lang/NullPointerException
Reported by: Jim Pick

> test/regression/InetSocketAddressTest.fail

how does this one fail, i.e. could you take a look at InetSocketAddressTest.out
and InetSocketAddressTest.fail, and check what's the problem?

> but I suspect there was an underlying bug with an unitialized value in
> addition to needing IEEE support.

If you can figure out what it is, I'd welcome a patch. We don't have any active
Alpha hackers working on kaffe at the moment, so any help on that platform is
most welcome.

It would also be nice if you could take a look at the ton of compiler warnings
kaffe generates on alpha-netbsd and see what gcc is complaining about.