[kaffe] Internal/jitter tests

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 23:56:01 PDT 2003

hi Tim,

--- Timothy Stack <stack at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> hi,
>
> I've ported over the internal test suite from the JanosVM.  Basically, its
> a bunch of very simple tests I used when writing the jitter for the
> PowerPC.  It starts out with simple stuff like returning constants from

thanks for doing that. I tried, but got stuck somewhere ...

> functions, returning parameters, and progressively gets more complicated.
> Its not linked into the build yet, so you'll have to run
> 'developers/autogen.sh' manually (Dalibor can you do this and check it
> in?).  Also, you'll need Jikes installed for it to be turned on,

done. I've upgraded kaffe's libtool and autotools files as I went.

what I found weird is that on my box (i386-linux) jit3 passes the tests, but
jit doesn't. Are the tests jit dependant, or is the jit engine subtly broken on
i386 (as well ;)?