[kaffe] Patch: Merge of Classpath glue code for assertion framework

Benja Fallenstein b.fallenstein at gmx.de
Sun May 11 09:55:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

today I had a problem with a dependency using log4j, because log4j would
try to use Class.desiredAssertionStatus() -- a 1.4 method that is part
of the assertion framework. Since the library I depended on initialized
log4j statically, my test suite wouldn't even start. To fix the problem,
I merged the corresponding GNU Classpath code into Kaffe-- not actually
implementing the whole assertion framework though, just the methods in
Class and ClassLoader :-)

I was hoping this could be useful for Kaffe?

- Benja