[kaffe] jBoss & Kaffe

Ronald Aigner ra3 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue May 13 02:33:02 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 10:35, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> that's really weird. could you try again with a clean checkout?
By now I deleted and checked out the kaffe tree half a dozen times... I did
really nasty things to my debian installation and I decided to wait until my
admin _properly_ installs the automake tools...

But thanks for the help anyways. (kaffe always tries to build libltdl, which
complains about a missing automake>=2.54, even though its installed locally
...) It now prints a more verbose error message though:
Making all in libltdl
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ra3/tmp/kaffe/libltdl'
cd . && /bin/sh /home/ra3/tmp/kaffe/libltdl/missing --run aclocal-1.7
cd . && \
  /bin/sh /home/ra3/tmp/kaffe/libltdl/missing --run automake-1.7 --foreign
Makefile
aclocal.m4:6326: error: Autoconf version 2.54 or higher is required
aclocal.m4:6326: the top level
configure.ac: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.ac: You should verify that configure.ac invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
configure.ac: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
configure.ac: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal).
Makefile.am:5: INSTALL_LTDL does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am:12: CONVENIENCE_LTDL does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am:7: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
Makefile.am:7:
Makefile.am:7: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
Makefile.am:7: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
Makefile.am: C source seen but `CC' is undefined
Makefile.am:
Makefile.am: The usual way to define `CC' is to add `AC_PROG_CC'
Makefile.am: to `configure.ac' and run `autoconf' again.
make[1]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ra3/tmp/kaffe/libltdl'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Greetings, Ron.
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen/With regards