[kaffe] Adding a class to the library?

Benja Fallenstein b.fallenstein at gmx.de
Tue May 13 05:24:01 PDT 2003

Hallo Dalibor,

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> there is a bug in kaffe's libraries/javalib/Makefile.am so that it creates a
> rt.jar file even if the class library compilation step doesn't succeed, leading
> to missing classes in rt.jar. A fix for that one would be most welcome.

Ah, thanks! Unfortunately I don't understand that stuff well enough to
find the bug. But from the below--

> java/security/MessageDigest.java:137: error:Cannot find constructor
> "MessageDigest" with matching parameters [JLS 15.12]
> java/security/MessageDigest.java:154: error:Cannot find method
> "UnsupportedOperationException(java.lang.String)"

I found a workaround: grepping make's output for 'error'.

Attached are the now working patch to MessageDigest, plus a short FAQ
item you might want to put in FAQ.classlibrary-compile :-)

Thanks,
- Benja