[kaffe] (no subject)

Gerlando Falauto iurly at writeme.com
Wed May 14 10:50:02 PDT 2003

Hi guys,

I finally managed to get my ported version to pass about 30% of the test
cases in interpreter mode. Found a few bugs in the underlying framework,
and many more are still to be discovered, I am afraid.

Anyway, I am looking for a few suggestions on how to get started on the
JIT, so I got a couple questions for you guys.

First, what's the main difference between jit and jit3? Any
particular reason why I should choose one over the other?

Second, even if we (my projectmates and I) managed to write the jit code
all at once, we certainly wouldn't expect it to work right off, not even
on (apparently) simple tests like HelloWorld. So, how should we go about
it? I mean, we might want to test a few features/opcodes at a time... any
suggestions on how to get started?

Thanks a lot you guys!
Gerlando