[kaffe] Is BufferedImage supported in Kaffe?

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 02:58:02 PDT 2003

hi Jacob,

--- Jacob Wang <jacobkaffe at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I installed kaffe from the most current CVS tree. I
> can see BufferedImage.class and other related class
> files in java/awt/image directory. But do they really
> work? Or under what circumstances do they work? I have
> a very simple example application using BufferedImage
> and it doesn't seem to work.

We're using the BufferedImage implementation from GNU Classpath. It's the only
(and thus best ;) free software implementation of BufferedImage AFAIK.
Unfortuantely, it doesn't implement createGraphics() yet.

Given that kaffe has got a working AWT implementation, it should be possible to
implement createGraphics by writing a Graphics2D wrapper around kaffe's
Graphics.