[kaffe] Kaffe 1.1 & AWT backends

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at mandrakesoft.com
Fri May 16 05:19:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

Since current CVS code for 1.1 (2003/05/15) pass all tests on both IA-32
and AMD64 platforms, I have included it into the main MDK distribution
which should come up as a 9.2 around September.

Concerning AWT implemenations and since there is a libawt*.so around which
is dynamically dlopen()'ed through libtool, I wonder if it is possible to
ship with different AWT implementations and select the right one at
runtime.

i.e. I would like to make an *extra* kaffe-qt (or whatever name) which
contains the QT implementation that the user may install if he wishes so.

Bye,
Gwenole.