[kaffe] Testing for 1.1.0 release

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 15:07:01 PDT 2003

--- mcmahill at mtl.mit.edu wrote:

> anyone know what the latest status of alpha support is?  Ie, am I wasting
> my time to even try on NetBSD/alpha?

I've created a patch that lets NetBSD/alpha progress much further than it did.
It's attached.

Now it fails to compile the class library using it's own java compiler due to
an SIGFPE, among other things. This is how you can help:

* Get current rt.jar file from http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/rt.jar
* check out kaffe from CVS
* apply the attached patch
* ./configure --prefix=/tmp/mykaffe --enable-debug --with-engine=intrp
--with-rt-jar=/path/to/rt.jar
* make ; make install
* cd libraries/javalib
* KAFFE_DEBUG=gdb /tmp/mykaffe/bin/kaffe -cp kjc.jar at.dms.kjc.Main
@essential.files
* in gdb: run
* and try to figure out why the SIGFPE happens when 4.9e-324 is compared
against some other value. ;)

or just run make check after make install and see if you can fix some of the
(mostly floating point related) regression test failures ... I've got 10
failures, which are attached. 4 of them are being worked on within the scope of
class loader update to support java 1.2, so they are not netbsd or alpha
specific.