[kaffe] Testing for 1.1.0 release

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 08:29:02 PDT 2003

Hi Dan,

thanks, setting CFLAGS to include -mieee in config.frag helped solve the
Double* failures. I'm down to 6 (with 2 class loading related ones, since
Helmer squished two bugs yesterday).

Of the six I'm getting two times a weird

error compiling:
/tmp/topic/build/kaffe/kaffe/../kaffevm/.libs/libkaffevm-1.1.x-cvs.so:
Undefined PLT symbol "startMethods" (reloc type = 26, symnum = 63)
FAIL: ThreadInterrupt.java

error compiling:
/tmp/topic/build/kaffe/kaffe/../kaffevm/.libs/libkaffevm-1.1.x-cvs.so:
Undefined PLT symbol "hashRemove" (reloc type = 26, symnum = 348)
FAIL: NoClassDefTest.java

The other failures are:

bash-2.05$ ls -1 test/regression/*.fail
test/regression/CLTestLie.fail
test/regression/ClassGC.fail (* cross platform)
test/regression/IndexTest.fail
test/regression/ProcessClassTest.fail (* cross platform)

--- mcmahill at mtl.mit.edu wrote:

> > * and try to figure out why the SIGFPE happens when 4.9e-324 is compared
> > against some other value. ;)
>
> this usually happens when you do a floating point operation on an
> unitialized variable.  like
>
> foo() {
> double x;
>
> if(x >= 3.2)
>
> the debugger will often show 'x' as having a value of something like
> 4.9e-324.
>
> hmm.  looking at the gdb output:
>
> 0x160083ef4 in soft_dcmpl (v1=4.9406564584124654e-324, v2=inf) at
> soft.c:673
> 673             else if (v1 > v2) {
>
> it seems like there's an infinity too.
>
> I'll try to find a few minutes tonight to look for
>
> 1)  proper initialization of v1
>
> 2)  try compiling with -mieee
>
> > or just run make check after make install and see if you can fix some of
> the
> > (mostly floating point related) regression test failures ... I've got 10
> > failures, which are attached. 4 of them are being worked on within the
> scope of
> > class loader update to support java 1.2, so they are not netbsd or alpha
> > specific.
>

> DoubleComp.fail - probably wants IEEE-754 math.  To get this add -mieee to
> CFLAGS.

yep, that worked, thanks. In fact, it also fixed the problem above.

> LostFrame.fail  - which version of NetBSD are you on?  1.6 had some bugs
> in ld.so_elf.  Should be fixed in 1.6.1

bash-2.05$ uname -a
NetBSD spe159.testdrive.compaq.com 1.6 NetBSD 1.6 (GENERIC). what's the status
on 1.6.1?