[kaffe] LinkedList.subList severely broken

Daniel Bonniot Daniel.Bonniot at inria.fr
Wed May 21 02:42:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm in the process of testing kaffe with a compiler I am writing. My
hope is that 1.1 will be able to run it.
It used to work with CVS a few weeks ago, but there has been a
regression. I have a precise testcase for LinkedList.subList. Has this
been touched recently?

Is kaffe passing the testcases (mauve or others) for java.util
collections? If yes, it seems that the tests are not thorough enough
yet. This test should then be added to mauve. I am a bit reluctant to do
it, though, since my one submission was hapilly and silently ignored. It
seems there is little activity on mauve, which is a shame.
LinkedList seem to come from classpath. Maybe it is broken there too,
then...

Please fix this bug before the release. It seems like a simple
off-by-one error. (unfortunately I have no time to look at the moment).
But it is very annoying, as this does not cause any kind of exception,
but the semantics is wrong, so it's not so easy to spot.

Cheers,

Daniel