[kaffe] [Fwd: Bugs in Kaffe]

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 06:52:05 PDT 2003

Salut Herve, salut Nicolas,

--- Hervé_Roussain <Herve.Roussain at univ-ubs.fr> wrote:

> ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822 name=Bugs in Kaffe
> Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:54:08 +0200
> From: Nicolas Le Sommer <Nicolas.Le-Sommer at univ-ubs.fr>
> To: herve.roussain at univ-ubs.fr
> Subject: Bugs in Kaffe
>
> Hi,
>
> I wish to add some java classes in kaffe but I have some problems at the
> installation time.

Try to add the classes manually to the profiles.

> Problems :
>
> 1) script developers/autogen.sh :
>
> 	The option -Wall does not exist for automake and must be removed

Since I use the latest automake, I also set the options accordingly. Kaffe's
makefile.am files use some nice features from automake 1.7, so that running
developers/autogen.sh with an old automake is supposed to cause problems ;)

> ------------
> configure.in:1514: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not
> `AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
> Makefile.am:11: directory should not contain `/'
> Makefile.am:11: directory should not contain `/'
> Makefile.am:11: directory should not contain `/'
> ------------------

Yeah, I haven't got around to looking into that one. Could you try to figure
out a way to get rid of the dependancy on subdir compilation? I think Tim fixed
that in JanosVM, please take a look at their build system for hints.

> 2) No problems with the following installation procedure :
> 	sh developers/autogen.sh
> 	./configure
> 	make build-classes
> 	make
>    But with the following  does not work :
> 	sh developers/autogen.sh
> 	./configure
> 	cd libraries/javalib/ ; make bootstrap ; cd ..
> 	make build-classes
> 	make
> -------------
> ../kaffe/kaffeh/kaffeh -classpath
> ../libraries/javalib/Klasses.jar.bootstrap -o
> kaffe_applet_AudioPlayer.h kaffe/applet/AudioPlayer
> Failed to open object 'kaffe/applet/AudioPlayer'
> make[2]: *** [stamp-h0all] Erreur 1
> make[2]: Quitte le répertoire `/home/lesommer/devlpt/kaffe/include'
> make[1]: *** [all] Erreur 2
> make[1]: Quitte le répertoire `/home/lesommer/devlpt/kaffe/include'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1

Hm. Weird, to say the least. Does make bootstrap above build a rt.jar file
before trying to bootstrap everything ?