[kaffe] Arrays.equals

Daniel Bonniot Daniel.Bonniot at inria.fr
Wed May 21 17:17:01 PDT 2003

Arrays.equals in Kawa does not handle properly null elements. Here is a
testcase (is this the correct format for Kawa's regression tests?)

import java.util.*;

public class ArraysTest
{
  public static void main(String[] args)
  {
    final String[] a1 = { "", null };
    final String[] a2 = { "", null };

    System.out.println(Arrays.equals(a1, a2));
  }
}

/* Expected Output:
true
*/

Kawa CVS prints false. I attach a patch that fixes this problem.

A note about source code formatting. It seems that the convention in
Kawa is to use tabs for indentation (although this is not documented, see
http://www.kaffe.org/doc/kaffe/FAQ.coding-style).
I usually use Emacs, and the JDEE to edit Java sources. A useful feature
of this emacs mode is that you can set up preferences (notably
indentation style) in a central project file. Maybe it would be useful
to include such a file in CVS. It would both make it easier to edit the
sources, and ensure a consistent formatting (for those using JDEE, of
course). I attach a first attempt as prj.el (it should go to the
toplevel directory). What do people think about this?

Daniel