[kaffe] MIPS Support Status - New Regression Failures

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 16:11:01 PDT 2003

Hi Kevin,

--- "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink at mips.com> wrote:
> > I've verified that the" bad FP value" problem in building classfiles
> > still exists if one tries to make kaffe from current CVS sources for
> > MIPS with JIT3 enabled.  More disturbingly, some of the regression
> > tests are now failing in the interpreter build, specifically GCTest.java
> > and ProcessClassTest.java Both of those were passing with an intrp
> > build from the October 3 2002 CVS tree.  Are they running now
> > for all other architectures but MIPS???
>
> Further data.  Both failures are linked to some kind of "duplicate
> name" problem, whatever that is...

That's a side effect of the recent class loading changes to be more Java 1.2
compatible and to get Tomcat 4 and JBoss to load further. See this thread for
more information: http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2003-May/042130.html

Unless someone can find an easy fix, we'll have to revert it back to the old
version for the next release.