[kaffe] Class loader checkins

Helmer Krämer hkraemer at freenet.de
Mon May 26 09:13:01 PDT 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003 14:31:38 -0600 (MDT)
Timothy Stack <stack at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

hi,

> I just checked in some code merged from the JanosVM, which include some
> fixes for the class loader and other bits.  Update and give it a go.
> Hopefully, I didn't frell everything up...

everything's working fine here, too ;)

However, I've got two small issues:

Shouldn't the other methods of ClassLoader (like
getPackage, getResource) also delegate to the
PrimordialClassLoader if parent is null (seems
to be what jdk does)? Could commit a patch if
you agree.

I again tried running eclipse with Kaffe. Now
it fails and complains about being unable to
find java/lang/Object. Eclipse basically uses
just an URLClassLoader (parent is null). Debug
output shows that the loadClass method of that
URLClassLoader is correctly called for java/lang/Object
but returns null. Since this definitely worked
before, I wonder if you have an idea of what
could be going wrong here?

Greetings,
Helmer