Kaffe and Mauve (Was: Re: [kaffe] Re: LinkedList.subList severely broken)

Helmer Krämer hkraemer at freenet.de
Tue May 27 15:26:01 PDT 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003 09:30:26 -0700 (PDT)
Dalibor Topic <robilad at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi all,

> > >real    0m51.953s
> > >
> > That is 0 minutes and 51 seconds, right? That's quite short.
> >
> > Another problem with having so many failures is that it makes it more
> > difficult to spot if a change in Kaffe introduced regressions. Is there
> > an easy way to know that (the same for Kaffe's own suite: are some cases
> > know to fail at a given time, like now?).
>
> Current failures for JDK 1.0 and JDK 1.1 are attached. We could use this as the
> base line.

does anybody know why mauve tests whether the implementation
throws a NullPointerException under certain circumstances?

I've got Kaffe's java.util.Vector down to:

FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.util.Vector.AcuniaVectorTest: should throw NullPointerException (number 1)
FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.util.Vector.AcuniaVectorTest: should throw NullPointerException (number 1)
FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.util.Vector.AcuniaVectorTest: should throw NullPointerException (number 1)
FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.util.Vector.AcuniaVectorTest: should throw NullPointerException (number 1)
4 of 388 tests failed

and all of these tests fail because mauve expects
Vector.removeAll() and Vector.retainAll() to throw
a NullPointerException when the collection passed
as a parameter is null. I wouldn't call that a
correct behaviour, though.

Greetings,
Helmer