[kaffe] Re: 'it is in the way' error

Steinar Bang sb at dod.no
Wed May 28 08:21:01 PDT 2003

> I am not a CVS expert, but from last Friday (maybe), cvs.kaffe.org
> may miss some files.
[snip!]
> And if you try to update that directory, some thing like
> C kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/jit/registers.h
> cvs checkout: move away kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/jit/seq.c; it is in the way
> occurs.

This is caused with you having a file in your workspace, with the same
name (or so CVS thinks) as one that has been added to CVS repository.

One place this happens is if you work on Windows, and someone working
on UNIX/linux/FreeBSD/etc. checks in a file with the same name as an
already existing file, except for different case.  Eg. if you already
had a seg.c and then someone added a seq.C, you might see this.