[kaffe] libraries/clib/net/InetAddressImpl.c cannot be compiled on old Linux

Ito Kazumitsu ito.kazumitsu at hitachi-cable.co.jp
Thu May 29 21:02:02 PDT 2003

The current libraries/clib/net/InetAddressImpl.c and some others
cannot be compiled on my poor old Linux (2.0.38) machine.

What is wrong:

(1) InetAddressImpl.c checks whether AF_INET6 and PF_INET6 are
    defined.  Yes, they are defined in /usr/include/socketbits.h
    even on my old Linux host.  But it does not support IPv6, so
    struct in6_addr is not defined.

(2) InetAddressImpl.c uses getnameinfo which my old Linux host does not
    have.

I am afraid Linux 2.0 should be deleted from the list of
supported systems.