[kaffe] libraries/clib/net/InetAddressImpl.c cannot be compiled on old Linux

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Fri May 30 17:12:02 PDT 2003

Hi,

I <kaz at maczuka.gcd.org> will answer in place of
<ito.kazumitsu at hitachi-cable.co.jp>.

>> 1. Patch libraries/clib/native/Double.c
>>
>> Strtod() of my Linux is buggy.  So I got a reliable source of
>> strtod.c from somewhere and put it to libraries/clib/native
>> and make Double.c include it.

:> A better way is to use a replacement mechanism like the one used
:> for getifaddr.

:> In fact, automake offers bultin support for that using AM_FUNC_STRTOD.
:> I think that one is supposed to use the strtod.c from libit (libiberty).
:> If that's the source you used, I'll create a patch that lets kaffe use
:> that strtod function, in case the system implementation is broken,
:> and post it to the list.

Ito did not know of libiberty and used strtod of BSD origin.
But I hope libiberty should work on his old Linux and Ito will be
happy if he does not have to apply his patch every time he builds
kaffe.  Ito will be looking forward to your patch.