[kaffe] Help me !!! I porting the kaffe on mpis cpu, but I had error of execution

Kevin D. Kissell kevink at mips.com
Tue Nov 11 01:20:03 PST 2003

No one seems to have replied to this message a month ago.  I missed it at the time.
First of all, I'm really suprised to see that you're running on an MIPS R6000.  That's
an multi-chip ECL CPU from the 1980s that was mostly installed in CDC servers.
Is that really correct?  The R6000 was the original "MIPS II" CPU, and there could
easily be code in Linux and Kaffe that lumps the R6000 in with other, not-quite-compatible
processors.

That having been said, if you search the Kaffe mailing list archives, you will
see that I observed the same problem months ago.  First of all, you need to know
that Kaffe 1.0.7 will not build and run correctly on MIPS unless you apply a patch.
Kaffe 1.1.0 will build as distributed but you must not build it with the JIT, which
was unfortunately still the default MIPS build as of 1.1.0.  When you configure,
you need to specify ".configure --with-engine=intrp".

            Regards,

            Kevin K.