[kaffe] libnative error

Mark and Janice Juszczec juszczec at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 07:31:02 PST 2003

Hi folks

I'm trying to shrink my 1.8Mb libnative.a so I can fit it on a pda.

I fooled with the Makefile and did a strip on all the .o files.  Everything
links up fine but when I try to run a little sample program I get:

$ java FirstClass
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate native function:
java/lang/Throwable.fillInStackTrace()Ljava/lang/Throwable;
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:37)
        at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:69)
        at java.lang.VirtualMachineError.<init>(VirtualMachineError.java:17)
        at java.lang.StackOverflowError.<init>(StackOverflowError.java:17)

Is stripping .o's forbidden for some reason.

BTW, I generated the stripped libnative for i386.  The target platform is
mipsel.  Am I running into some kind of i386ism that won't bother me on
mipsel?

Mark