[kaffe] expect advice!

xk s sensikey at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 22:35:02 PST 2003

hello:

      I am a master student of BHU (bei hang university) in china. I will preparing my master thesis about Java virtual machine and just-in-time compiler next year.

      In kaffe document, I know it is a simple JIT, it compile each method without advanced optimization the first time this method is invoked. What do you think about hot spot VM and sophisticated adaptive online feedback-directed optimization with muti-level compiler system?

      And I think , there is no explicit transform form bytecode stack semantics to register operations as in many RISC machine. Would you think Sequence struct is a suitful IR for multi-level optimization and adptive optimization?

      Would you give some instruments and advices? I expected your advice earnestly.

Yours sincerely

                                                                                                         Xikun sun

                                                                                                         Nov 13, 2003