[kaffe] [RFC] Upcoming Apache Software Foundation License changes

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Sun Nov 16 17:58:01 PST 2003

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:39:03 +0100
Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> excuse me for cross-posting the following e-mail to so many diverse
> projects. As I'm subscribed to all those projects mailing lists, I was
> surprised to notice a lack of discussion on the effect of the upcoming
> Apache Software Foundation (ASF) license changes [1] on them.

Naughty, naughty.  Very bad netiquette.  I almost didn't moderate that
email through, since it was held by mailman for the excessive amount of
cross-posting.

Instead of cross-posting to so many lists, I'd recommend sending
individual emails to the various lists, and refer the conversation to
some other list.  I see you sort of do that in the email, encouraging
people to join the Apache license mailing list.

I encourage followups to go to the Apache list, at license at apache.org.
Here's info on how to describe:

  http://www.apache.org/licenses/proposed/

I'm all in favour of trying to make all the licenses play more nicely
together.  However, as we're in the situation where we can't really
change our license, I'd prefer the discussion be held there, rather than
here.

Cheers,

 - Jim