[kaffe] Re: Classloader bugs

Daniel Bonniot Daniel.Bonniot at inria.fr
Tue Nov 18 17:39:02 PST 2003

Hi,

I did the investigation on Bug2. It turns out that the whole story is
about getParent() returning null, which is allowed. So Bug2 is not a
bug. (It took me sometime to find this out, because of the stack frame
printed, both at the Java level and inside gdb. The error was actually a
standard NullpointerException in Java code, but since it was called by
native code, this was not apparent. BTW, I could not get -Xxdebugging to
work, the option is not recognized. Is
http://www.kaffe.org/doc/kaffe/FAQ.xdebugging outdated?)

I still think Bug.java exhibits a bug in kaffe. I'm afraid I won't be
able to investigate this anytime soon.

Daniel