[kaffe] kaffe on Linux/Alpha build trouble

Alexander Kotelnikov sacha at myxomop.com
Sat Oct 4 20:48:10 PDT 2003

Hello.

I am tring to build kaffe 1.1.1 on debian linux/alpha, unstable
configuring it with --with-rt-jar=no and get the following error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/k3/kaffe-1.1.1/libraries/javalib'
rm -rf lib
mkdir lib
/bin/sh ./rebuildLib @essential.files
Compiling classes from  @essential.files  using  /tmp/k3/kaffe-1.1.1/kaffe/kaffe/kaffe-bin -verbosegc at.dms.kjc.Main
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
./rebuildLib: line 51: 15145 Aborted                 (core dumped) $JAVAC $VERBOSE $JAVAC_FLAGS -d $LIBDIR $CPATH ${1+"$@"}
make[1]: *** [lib/stamp] Error 134
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/k3/kaffe-1.1.1/libraries/javalib'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
zsh: exit 2     make

Is this a known problem?

PS Please, Cc: me on your replies, I am not subscribed.
--
Alexander Kotelnikov
Saint-Petersburg, Russia